- Bull Rush: just make a Brawn vs. Brawn check
- Disarm or Sunder: attacker makes a normal weapon attack roll (but declared before rolling as disarm or sunder) versus a Cunning check by the defender
- Feint: attacker first must win a Cunning check against the defender's Awareness check; if win that contest, then follow with an attack roll with +1 bonus; if fail then defender gets immediate free counterattack (no bonus)
- Grapple/Toss/Drag/Push/Pull: just make a Brawn vs. Brawn check
- Breaking on-going Grapple/Toss/Drag/Push/Pull: make a Brawn vs. Brawn check to muscle out, or a Cunning vs. Daring to wriggle out
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Neo School Hack: Combat Maneuvers
The original Old School Hack rules didn't specifically cover some areas (because, well, it's old school). One of these is the various attacks or combat maneuvers other than normal weapon attacks. Games like Pathfinder and D&D have a lot of specific rules for these--probably too many rules. But here are some ideas on handling them in OSH.