Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Reaper Miniatures Bones 3: I'm In!

Okay, so Reaper Miniatures is running their third "Bones" Kickstarter offering a huge set of miniatures.  I was hesitant to join the first one as it seemed over-ambitious despite the massive response.  I joined the second one, adding several extra optional sets to the large core set.  It took quite a while to receive my shipment because the early shipping waves booked up early.  When my package arrived, however, I was quite pleased with the minis in every way.  So I jumped in on this one--but once again I'm in a later shipping wave (circa September 2016) due to massive response.  At the time I pledged there were already over 8,000 backers and over $836,000 on the site.  All the optional rewards are unlocked so the core set will be quite a plump morsel.

As an aside, I'm thinking that these Kickstarters must be huge windfalls for a small company like Reaper.  I certainly hope they spread that around by handing out some bonuses to all the employees.  When I get a bonus at work I like to give everyone in the family a share of it for random spending cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment