Bodger (focus, rested): You're great at improvising mechanical gadgets from random materials. This includes making on-the-spot repairs and disassembling or deactivating mechanisms, including locks and traps.
Mad Bomber (focus, rested): You are skilled in one discipline of alchemical bomb making: Blastification, Liquidification, or Conjurification. One of the three disciplines must be specified on taking this talent. The talent may be taken up to three times, each time granting access to a different discipline. Also, the alchemist must lug around bombs and materials which count as one Heavy thing. Only one bomb, jar, or ampule may be used per round.
⦁ Blastification Discipline:
- Nail Bomb: all in 20' radius make a Daring save or suffer a shrapnel wound
- Fire Bomb: all in 20' radius make a Daring save or suffer a fire wound
- Ice Bomb: all in 20' radius make a Daring save or suffer an ice wound
- Lightning Bomb: all in 20' radius make a Daring save or suffer a lighting wound
- Smoke Bomb: creates thick smoke in a 20' radius, blocking all sight
- Thunder Bomb: all in 20' radius make Brawn save or stunned and helpless for two rounds
- Acid Jar: all in 20' radius make a Daring save or suffer an acid wound
- Poison Jar: all in 20' radius make a Brawn save or suffer a poison wound
- Plague Jar: all in 20' radius make a Commitment save or suffer a wound of bursting plague boils
- Grease Jar: creates 20' radius grease patch; Cunning save or slip and fall flat (patch takes one hour to dry up)
- Medusa Jar: all in 20' radius make a Commitment save or paralyzed for two rounds
- Jam Jar: all in 20' radius make a Cunning save or stuck to the floor (or anything else in contact) for two rounds; also sticks equipment in place, such as arrows in a quiver
- Conjurification is the manufacture of powders or mists in small ampules which may be thrown to shatter and release their contents over an area or broken open to be applied to one specific creature or spot
- Umbral Ampule: creates an area of impenetrable magical darkness 20' in diameter; lasts three rounds.
- Brilliant Ampule: creates an area of bright magical light 20' in diameter; lasts three rounds.
- Nullfiying Ampule: sprays a magical powder over a 20' radius which dispells any arcane spells active there; magical items are neutralized until the powder can be removed (usually taking one round of busy cleaning)
- Restorative Ampule: contains a powder which heals one living creature for 1 wound (no harmful effect if used on undead because it is not holy in nature)
- Ectoplasic Ampule: sprays invisible ectoplasmic extract mist in 20' radius baleful to all etherial, astral, and insubstantial creatures, causing them 1 wound.
- Etherial Ampule: sprays an alchemical extract mist causing all creatures in a 20' radius to temporarly become insubstantial for three rounds unless a Commitment save is passed
Bomb Catapult (constant, item): You can build and repair a clunky crossbow-like catapult which can toss your bombs (not jars or ampules) as far as a shortbow shoots arrows. Counts as one Heavy thing.
Transmogrification Elixirs (focus, rested)
- These elixers can only be used by the alchemist personally, as they draw on attuned internal magical energies. They transform the alchemist's person and anything worn or held in the hand. Movement is only half normal walking speed (if movement is allowed) and the effect lasts only one minute, although the alchemist can re-constitute to normal condition any round as a focus action. The alchemist can only be under the influence of on elixir at a time.
⦁ Oozification Elixer: the imbiber transforms into a thick ooze; in this form it is possible to flow slowly, including up walls, across ceilings, and through gaps as small as 1/2 inch.
⦁ Vaporization Elixir: the imbiber transforms into a vapor; in this form it is possible to fly slowly through the air and slip through even tiny cracks; however it is impossible to maintain directional control in any wind stronger than a gentle breeze.
⦁ Liquifaction Elixir: the imbiber transforms into a liquid; in this form it is possible to flow through small cracks and merge unseen into other liquids (if there is enough space); it is not possible to flow uphill, but movement within a larger body of liquid is unrestricted.
⦁ Petrification Elixir: the imbiber transforms into a stone statue; movement is impossible but it is still possible to see and hear; AC goes to 18.
⦁ Etherialization Elixir: the imbiber becomes etherial like a ghost, allowing passage through solid objects; may move in any direction. Any body part which re-materializes within solid matter when the spell ends is destroyed.
⦁ Astralization Elixir: the imbiber is shifted to the Astral Plane, temporarily disappearing from this plane; the alchemist can still discern the original plane but only dimly, like shadows on a wall; travel while on the astral plane is strange and unpredictable, taking you 1d12 x 10 feet per round. Any body part which re-materializes within solid matter when the spell ends is destroyed.