Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

First off I give you my best wishes for a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and any other holiday you celebrate around this time.  This has been a mixed year for me but I hope it has been a good one for you.  Thanks to all my readers for visiting my humble blog.  I have every intention of continuing it for the foreseeable future and keeping it as worthy of reading as I can.

My general plans for this blog for the coming months includes:
  • more in-character Castles & Crusades game session write-ups from Trevor (and Katherine if my collaborator Kirk is amenable)
  • more maps, particularly in the style of Dyson Guru and Jackson Guru; I was very pleased that my present this year was a new printer/scanner to replace the one that's been dead for lo these many months.  I can now do more maps and scan them in for your perusal.  I'd like to get some more artistic activities rolling and drawing maps is a good place to start.
  • an attempt at some Order of the Stick webcomic style drawing.  I really love the paper miniatures in this style over at "iheartprintandplay" and I'd like to try my hand at doing some.  I'm thinking of starting with doing "portraits" of the characters in our Castles and Crusades game and then the characters in my Cauldon Seven (Pathfinder) game and my buddy Steve's Pathfinder game as well.  I'm not sure how successful I'll be in the end but it's a simple enough style that I may be able to pull it off.
  • more world building posts for my long term project for a new campaign world; I'm finding my self influenced by some of the darker and weirder blogs to make my new world a bit weirder as well, but we'll see.
  • trying to make some cool-looking journal books like Janet does over at It's A Little Like Magic; I bought one of her journals as a Christmas present for my daughter and she really liked it a lot.
  • more reviews of games, movies, and whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment