Friday, November 23, 2012

What is the Most Popular D&D Class? (YouTube contest)

Okay, so I just wanted to give a shout out for an interesting contest going on over on YouTube at the DandDPuzzleOfTheWeek channel.  He's already up to Round 4 (although I didn't actually see a couple of the earlier rounds posted anywhere).   The contest--more of a poll actually--is to start with eight popular D&D core classes and have people vote each round for their least favorite class.  The last class standing will be the winner.

The standings so far are:
Paladin
Wizard
Cleric
Rogue
Fighter
Barbarian
Ranger
Druid

I was a bit surprised to see the ranger go so early, since that one's pretty popular with my group, but I was glad the barbarian finally got booted.  Personally I'm pulling for cleric or paladin to win, but I have no idea  what the final outcome will be.  Of course it's slightly rigged to start with because the bard and monk were left out at the start and none of the base/"non-mainstream" classes, such as necromancer, witch, and alchemist are in there either.

While were on the subject I would like to say that my favorite three of the core classes are (in order) cleric, monk, and paladin.  From Pathfinder's base classes I'd add oracle and witch for a top five of:
  1. Cleric
  2. Oracle
  3. Monk
  4. Paladin
  5. Witch

No comments:

Post a Comment