Monday, December 31, 2012

Hooray for i heart print and play !

Okay, so several years ago I decided that I just wasn't painting any more miniatures.  It's too much work and my eyes aren't good a doing close work like that anymore.  So instead I went over to paper miniatures.  Actually I got my first paper miniatures way back in high school with the Cardboard Heroes sets from Steve Jackson Miniatures.  I still have them but the problem is that nowadays the miniatures are all bigger, 28-32mm versus the older 20mm (1/72 scale) sized ones.

So, I've been acquiring newer minis, both purchased and free on the web.  My favorite new site is Derek Weller's "i heart print and play" which has several sets available.  What's great about these is that they are done in a stick figure style like the Order of the Stick web comic.  The most recent offering is by Derek for our enjoyment is the townspeople set.  He allows sponsoring of sets as well as donations.  I definitely want to sponsor a set, I just have to decide what.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! My wife stumbled upon your post here and I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for the shout-out! I definitely appreciate it and I've linked to your blog from my Supporters page.

    Thanks!
    Derek of iheartprintandplay

    ReplyDelete