Okay, so I ordered the print-on-demand (POD) softcopy version from Lulu of "The World Between for Fictive Hack" by Andrew Shields a little while back. It arrived fairly quickly, allowing for the fact that I chose the cheapest shipping option. I've never ordered a POD product before and was a bit apprehensive about the quality. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the quality is fully professional. Anyway, I've been reading through it (all 315 pages) and am getting a proper full review of it together. I also ran a one-shot session of it for my Wednesday night group recently and I'll be posting on that as well.
- high quality print product (the softcopy, anyway)
- huge masses of fun character options
- a complete game and campaign world in one book
- cool new take on orcs
- added a lot of rules to the original Old School Hack (a plus or a minus depending on your point of view)
- needs more editing and organizing