Sunday, December 16, 2012

Paizo's RPG Superstar 2013 -- whatever

Okay, so Paizo has started it's RPG Superstar competition for 2013.  I actually submitted and entry for the first round a couple years ago but, incredibly, was rejected.  Well, I didn't actually get rejected per se, I just didn't hear back.  I'm sure it must have been a problem with the email.  Email is so unreliable, isn't it?

Anyway, what annoys be about this competition is that it always starts off with designing a wondrous item (that's a type of magic item, for the six people out there who've never played D&D/Pathfinder before).  Problem is I'm not good at designing magic items for D&D/Pathfinder--and frankly don't really care.  I don't care much about designing monsters either.  There are already tons of magic items and monsters out there from the D&D 3.x days, Pathfinder, and masses of great third party products.  What I want to design is the stuff that usually comes later in the competition, such as villains and lairs, and--most of all--the big adventure.  For me, designing adventures is the most fun part of gaming.  So, it sucks that I'd have to slog through several rounds of designing stuff I really don't care about in order to get to the stuff I care about (and am a lot better at).  Bah.  Whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you have to crawl through a river of shit to get to the place you want.

    ReplyDelete