Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Games I've Always Wanted to Play

There are now great piles of games out there waiting to be played.  I've played quite a few in my time but there are still a number which I just haven't had the opportunity to try at the table. 
  • Amber Diceless Roleplaying: the books were fascinating and I've never played a diceless RPG before.
  • Arduin: I've been hearing about this game for years; I'm not even sure why I'm interested in it beyond the fact that I've been hearing about it for years, but I want to try it out.
  • Ars Magica: My basic stance on RPGs is that fighters are boring.  This game makes it official by putting magic-users center stage.  It has some cool-sounding magic rules as well, so it's on the list.
  • Mouse Guard: I'm amused by the idea of little mice having big adventures.  It also has some character rules which are intriguing.
  • RuneQuest: Another major classic which I've been hearing about for ages but never found anyone playing it.  I'm more interested in the game world than the rules mechanics, which I've sampled in Call of Cthulhu.
  • Seventh Sea: Okay, actually I think pirates are very campy but Seventh Sea adds in some other elements which are enough to draw me in to want to play it.
  • Tribe 8: This is a really weird setting.  Probably the weirdest I've seen in any game.
  • CthulhuTech: I've done some posts on this game before but the mix of Cthulhu and mecha is just brilliant.  Sign me up.
  • DragonStar: This sounds like a really cool setting for sci-fi stories, but I could never quite see how it would work for an RPG campaign.  I'd like to see someone run it.
  • Mutant Chronicles: I'm on the edge of joining the current Kickstarter for this game.  This looks like a great mix of sci-fi and occult in an interesting future setting.
  • Robotech: The classic of classics of the mecha anime genre.

1 comment:

  1. If you are interested in an Arduin Grimoire game, then I can point you to a couple of groups in the Maryland/DC area. Also, a friend and co-GM will be running one at Balticon and another at InterventionCON in Rockville in August.

    ReplyDelete