Thursday, March 13, 2014

March Madness Non-D&D Blog Challenge: Day 13: What horror RPG have you enjoyed most?

Call of Cthulhu, duh.

Oh, maybe I should say a bit more than that =)  Okay, so I came across the works of H.P. Lovecraft in the mid-80s.  I can't remember what got me started but I quickly bought and read every paperback of his works I could get at the bookstore.  They're sitting right over there on my bookshelf now.  When I bought the first book I was a bit skeptical.  I really didn't see how a book could be scary or creepy.  But the stories were fantastic and the tidbits of mythos which kept emerging up were delicious.  I bought the game soon after and have enjoyed many creepy sessions.  One of the things I particularly like about it is the emphasis on investigation and gathering knowledge, all while working yourself closer and closer to your likely demise.  It's not a Hollywood-style gun-fest and you won't have a "tank" in the party.  It's just not that sort of game.  There's also the aspect that you're never quite sure what you're dealing with this time--until it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment